Thursday, June 11, 2015

Daily Create #1: "Sweet Message"

Below is my first Daily Create experience:


A Mile In His Shoes


They say you shouldn’t judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes. And speaking of shoe metaphors, you’ve certainly left some big ones to fill. You might think it’s this time of year that is making me think of you but really my thoughts turn to you in the late hours rocking my own son to sleep. I think of you when I have to discipline my 3 year old and wonder whether you felt the same frustration. Did I also bring you to your wits end? Did you hate having to get mad too? When I sit and watch my boys experience life in their own way I imagine myself sitting in your spot on the couch watching me experience life in my way.

Now that I’m a parent with sons of my own, my appreciation for you grows more each day. I understand the sacrifice. I understand the patience. I understand the worry. But most importantly, I understand what instant and unconditional love really is. Thank you for being a role model. Thank you for being a fan. Thank you for being indestructible. I hope I can be just like you. Thank you, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment